Thursday 26 May 2016

Northamptonshire v Derbyshire T20 preview

The old adage that if it ain't broke, you don't fix it is likely to followed by Derbyshire at Wantage Road tomorrow, in their T20 match against Northamptonshire.

Ben Cotton and Scott Elstone are the other members of the thirteen, over and above the eleven that played against Lancashire at Old Trafford (and thrashed them, he enjoyed writing...)

It will all depend on the wicket, of course, but I don't see any changes unless Ben is brought into the eleven. Scott had a good knock in the corresponding fixture last year, but I expect him to miss out here.

Our hosts won their first game against Leicestershire Seekkuge Prasanna doing all you could want from an overseas professional by bowling his leg spin tight and hitting a six to win the game. With Richard Levi and Josh Cobb heading a powerful batting line up, they will present a stern test for Graeme Welch's men.

Mind you, if they play as they did at Old Trafford last week, they don't need to worry about anyone. It is when the intensity dips and 'old' Derbyshire resurfaces that trouble strikes.

Which one will take the field tomorrow? I can't answer that.

But if it is the side with the right mentality, we have plenty in the tank to win the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to add your name. Avoid personal comment at all times. Thanks!